I would've never guessed that you can repair a broken tree branch with nuts and bolts, but apparently it's a common practice. Here's what my husband and I did:
- drilled holes--as close to the split as possible--through both branches growing out of the bough
- hammered a threaded rod through the holes
- put washers and nuts on both ends of the threaded rod
- tightened up the nuts with an adjustable wrench
- trimmed the ends of the threaded rod using a saw
- hung a wind-chime on one end
- hoped for the best
I'm very happy to report the mended bough is doing fine, and the Red bud's blooming nicely.
So if you ever need to repair a broken branch, try bolting it together -- it just might work.
Live for the Love of it,
Sasha A. Palmer (aka Happy)
I never would have guessed it.thank-you for sharing and what a gorgeous tree!ReplyDelete
You're very welcome, Janet!Delete