I think there's a very good chance of my going crazy. First of all, I reread the latest poem I posted and thought to myself, "What on earth is this?" I clearly remember understanding my poem as I was writing it though... So, I'm not sure if I was confused back then when it did make sense or perhaps I'm confused now when it doesn't... Maybe - to quote a charming character from a great old (1940) movie "The Shop Around The Corner" - I'm just altogether "psychologically confused."
Anyway, here's a conversation I had with my husband today.
My husband comes back after talking to our neighbor, a very nice lady. He says:
- Bev is going to grease a turkey, so I'm gonna help.
- ??? She's going to grease a turkey...
- She is.
- ...and you're gonna help...
- I'm gonna water her plants.
- She's going to grease a turkey, and I'm gonna take care of her plants!
It went back and forth like this for quite a while, before we both figured out what the other one meant...
Did you? :-)
What can I say...live for the love of it!
The Happy Amateur
Image credit: Google