Janet has tagged me in blogger tag!
I’m “it”! So, here I go…
The Rules Are:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 11 more to ask the ones you tag.
4. Tag however many bloggers you wish.
5. Let them know they are tagged.
6. Have fun!!
11 fun facts about me:
1. I’m just learning how to drive.
2. I think I have what they call ‘geographical dyslexia.’
3. I hate shopping.
4. My hunches are usually pretty good.
5. A bad dream can ruin my whole day.
6. I can wiggle my ears and raise one brow.
7. I’ve finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up: a writer.
8. I love to-do lists.
9. I love very hot tea with lemon and sugar all year round.
10. I get uncontrollable giggle spells occasionally.
11. I’m writing a middle-grade novel!
My answers to Janet’s questions:
1. What is your first memory as a small child?
I’ve been remembering more and more lately. Things I didn’t know I remembered, come back to me, detailed and vivid, as if they happened only yesterday. I clearly remember, for instance, sitting in my crib, my soft blue-white checked blanket at my side, I’m looking through the wooden bars, and chewing on a piece of a light-green rubber tube (a homemade teething device) I was quite young as you can imagine!
2. What do you like to 'sneak' when no one is looking?
3. What is your favorite 'writing snack'?
When I write, I tend to forget to eat, so when I start getting dizzy, I just grab a quick bite – a toast, some crackers, etc. – and go back to writing. Not very healthy, I know…
4. Who is your hero?
I cannot say that I have a hero, but I respect and admire a lot of people. As a Christian, I try to remind myself that I should aspire to be like Jesus – a goal that, I feel, is completely out of my reach, but ultimately, yes – Jesus is my hero, and my destination.
5. What is your favorite kind of footwear?
I love my slippers!
6. When did you realize you NEED to write?
Three years ago.
7. Who is your best friend?
My family is, in its indivisibility. Also, Anne Tyler (too bad she doesn’t know I exist…)
8. What is your favorite color to wear?
It might sound strange, but I think I’m most happy in black.
9. Do you have a favorite TV show?
I like the oldies: “The Twilight Zone,” “The Honeymooners,” “The Addams Family.” When we lived in Prague, I used to watch “Everybody Loves Raymond” in Czech! I enjoyed it.
10. If you were stranded on an island who would you like to be stranded with?
Somebody who’d know how to get us out of there!
11. What inspires you to write more than anything?
I cannot single out one thing… I guess, life inspires me. And writing itself – the kick I get out of it – is an inspiration.
11 questions for you:
1. Do you give yourself enough credit?
2. What is your biggest hope?
3. Are you an early bird or a night owl when it comes to writing?
4. What are you most proud of?
5. What gives you shivers?
6. Do you believe there’s something more to coincidences?
7. Would you like to be a space tourist?
8. Do you fly in your dreams?
9. Are you a “cat person” or a “dog person”?
10. Do you edit your writing before posting it on your blog?
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I tag YOU! (No pressure to join in the game :-) )
Encouraged by comments from Hannah and Janet I'm tagging more people:
Marie and Walt http://poeticbloomings.com/
Janet wants to be tagged again! I hope she'll play: would love to find out 11 more things about her!
Live for the Love of it!
The Happy Amateur